11 February to 20 February 2019: The Current Affairs of QuickMySupport to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated questions cover topics such as new chair of African Union, PETROTECH-2019, 2019 BAFTA awards, Dan David Prize 2019, Swachh Shakti 2019, 2019 World Cup, Personal Laws (Amendment Bill), 2018, US-India CEO Forum, India’s first Mega Aqua Food Park, Registration of Marriage of NRI Bill, 2019, Mukhyamantri Vridhajan Pension Yojna, new viral vaccine manufacturing unit,Vande Bharat Express, Pradhan Mantri Shram-Yogi Maandhan scheme and Pulwama terror attack,declaration of national emergency, liberalisation of e-visa regime, retirement of veteran cricketer,India, Morocco MoUs, National Cyber Forensic Lab and emergency response number among others.
1. Which nation’s President has taken over as the new chair of African Union?
Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi on February 10, 2019 took over as the chair of the African Union (AU) following a meeting by heads of state from the continent in Ethiopia’s capital city, Addis Ababa.
2. Which among the following languages has been added by Abu Dhabi Judicial Department as its third official court language?
The Abu Dhabi Judicial Department has added Hindi as the third official language to be used in the city’s courts, along with Arabic and English. The move is aimed at helping foreigners to learn about litigation procedures, their rights and duties without a language barrier.
3. The 13th International Oil and Gas Conference – PETROTECH-2019 was inaugurated in which state?
ANS: Uttar Pradesh
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on February 11, 2019 inaugurated the 13th International Oil and Gas Conference – PETROTECH-2019 at India Expo Centre in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh. The three-day mega event is considered to be India’s flagship hydrocarbon conference. It will showcase the recent market and investor-friendly developments in India’s oil and gas sector.
4. Which film won the ‘best film’ award at the 2019 British Academy Film Awards?
Mexican film Roma won best film at BAFTA 2019, while Rami Malek won best actor for playing Freddie Mercury in Bohemian Rhapsody. The British film ‘The Favourite’ dominated the awards overall, picking up seven awards out of 12 nominations.
5. Which film won the maximum number of awards at the 2019 BAFTA awards?
ANS: The Favourite
Yorgos Lanthimos’ dark period comedy The Favourite, which went into the night with 12 nominations, dominated the 2019 BAFTA proceedings with seven wins, including for leading actress (Olivia Colman), supporting actress (Rachel Weisz) and outstanding British film.
6. Name the new Doordarshan channel launched by PM Modi for Arunachal Pradesh?
ANS: DD Arunprabha
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on February 9, 2019 launched a dedicated 24×7 Satellite channel, ‘DD Arunprabha’ for Arunachal Pradesh during his visit to Arunachal Pradesh, Assam and Tripura.
7. Prime Minister Narendra Modi on February 9, 2019 laid the foundation stone for the Sela Tunnel Project in which state?
ANS: Arunachal Pradesh
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on February 9, 2019 laid the foundation stone for the Sela Tunnel Project in Arunachal Pradesh during his visit to Arunachal Pradesh, Assam and Tripura. The tunnel will be constructed by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) at a cost of Rs. 687 crore.
8. The Jammu and Kashmir Government on February 8, 2019 granted the Divisional Status to which region?
The Jammu and Kashmir Governor, Satya Pal Malik on February 8, 2019 granted the Divisional Status to Ladakh Region, while exercising its powers under Section 5 of Land Revenue Act, 1996. The Ladakh division will comprise Leh and Kargil districts with its headquarters at Leh. Till now, the Ladakh region formed a part of the Kashmir Division of Jammu & Kashmir.
9. PM Modi laid the foundation stone for North East Gas Grid in which state on February 9, 2019?
PM Modi laid foundation stone for North East Gas Grid in Guwahati, Assam. The Grid will ensure uninterrupted availability of natural gas across the region and boost industrial growth in the region. He also laid the foundation stone of NRL Bio Refinery at Numaligarh.
10. The first of the 15 Chinook heavy lift helicopters arrived in India on February 10, 2019 from which country?
The first of the 15 Chinook heavy lift helicopters ordered by the Indian Air Force (IAF) arrived in India on February 10, 2019. The CH-47F (I) was received at the Mundra Port in Gujarat and will be transported to its home base at Chandigarh. India had signed deal with the US in September 2015 for the purchase of 15 Chinook heavy lift and 22 AH-64E Apache attack helicopters.
Current Affairs 12 February 2019:
1. Who won the Israel’s Dan David Prize 2019 in the ‘Past’ category?
ANS: Sanjay Subrahmanyam
Indian historian Sanjay Subrahmanyam on February 10, 2019 won the prestigious Dan David Prize 2019 for his work on inter-cultural encounters between Asians, Europeans and people of North and South America during the early modern era. He won the Israel’s prestigious USD 1 million dollar award in the category of ”Past Time Dimension” for his work in macro history.
2. India on February 11, 2019 launched an initiative to combat Marine Pollution in collaboration with which country?
The Union Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change on February 11, 2019 signed a Letter of Intent (LoI) with the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs to launch the ‘India-Norway Marine Pollution Initiative’ to combat marine pollution.
3. Prime Minister Narendra Modi on February 12, 2019 distributed the Swachh Shakti 2019 Awards. The Swachh Shakti 2019 event was held in which city?
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on February 12, 2019 participated in Swachh Shakti 2019 event and distributed the Swachh Shakti 2019 Awards during his visit to Kurukshetra, Haryana. He also visited the Swachh Sundar Shauchalay exhibition at Kurukshetra.
4. Which city will host the 13th COP of the Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species of Wild Animals?
The 13th Conference of Parties (COP) of the Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species of Wild Animals (CMS 13) will be held in February 2020 at Gandhinagar, Gujarat. Recently, the Government announced that the Great Indian Bustard (GIB) will be its mascot for CMS COP-13.
5. India’s premier institute of cancer, the ‘National Cancer Institute’ was dedicated to the nation on February 12, 2019. The instituted is located in which state?
The Prime Minister dedicated the India’s premier institute of cancer, the ‘National Cancer Institute’ of Bhadsa, Jhajjar to the nation. The National Cancer Institute is built at the AIIMS Jhajjar campus in Haryana.
6. Which nation has decided to give lifetime tax exemption to women having 4 or more children?
Hungary’s Prime Minister Viktor Orban has announced new measures, under which increasing financial aid and subsidies will be provided to families that have more than three children. The measures are meant to encourage women to have more children and to reverse Hungary’s population decline.
7. The HRD Ministry has decided to implement recommendations of a committee for promotion of which ancient language and scripts?
The Ministry of Human Resource Development has decided to take immediate steps to implement the recommendations of a committee, which it had constituted in 2018 to make a report for the promotion and protection of Maithili language and its scripts.
8. US President Donald Trump has signed an executive order to prioritise research and development in which area?
ANS: Artificial Intelligence
US President Donald Trump has signed an executive order directing federal agencies to prioritise research and development in Artificial Intelligence (AI). The plan, called the American AI Initiative, follows big investment pledges from China and other countries intended to advance and apply AI technology in fields ranging from war fighting to health care.
9. Who has been appointed as Australia’s assistant coach for 2019 World Cup campaign?
ANS: Rocky Ponting
Former captain Ricky Ponting has been appointed as an assistant coach of Australia’s men’s team for the 50-over World Cup in England later this year, the country’s cricket board announced on February 8, 2019. The 44-year-old will work with Australia’s batsmen for the World Cup tournament, with current batting coach Graeme Hick preparing the side for the Ashes tour in England, starting in August.
10. Which Indian warship participated in a multi-national training exercise ‘CUTCLASS EXPRESS 2019’?
ANS: INS Trikand
INS Trikand, a front-line warship of the Indian Navy, participated in a multinational training exercise ‘Cutlass Express- 19’, which was held from January 27 to February 6, 2019. The nine-day exercise saw participation from nations such as Canada, Comoros, Djibouti, France, India, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Portugal, Seychelles, Somalia, Tanzania, the Netherlands and the United States.
Current Affairs 13 February 2019:
1. On which of the following banks, the RBI did not impose the monetary penalty in the first week of February 2019?
ANS: Punjab National Bank
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in the first week of February 2019 imposed monetary penalty on seven banks including HDFC Bank, IDBI Bank, Allahabad Bank and others for non-compliance with various directions issued by the RBI on monitoring of end use of funds, exchange of information with other banks, Know Your Customer (KYC) norms, etc.
2. Which State presented its budget on February 12, 2019 with revenue surplus of Rs 21,516.99 crore?
Bihar Chief Minister and Finance Minister Sushil Kumar Modi on February 12, 2019 presented the Rs 2,00,501 crore state budget in the Bihar Assembly with focus on education, rural development and energy sectors. The Bihar budget 2019 has revenue surplus of Rs 21,516.99 crore during 2019-20.
3. The Defence Ministry on February 12, 2019 issued Expression of Interest for procurement of how many Naval Utility Helicopters (NUH) for the Indian Navy?
The Defence Ministry on February 12, 2019 issued Expression of Interest to shortlist potential Indian strategic partners and foreign Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) for the procurement of 111 Naval Utility Helicopters (NUH) for the Indian Navy at an estimated cost of over Rs 21,000 crore.
4. Which city will host the US-India CEO Forum on February 14, 2019?
ANS: New Delhi
The first meeting of the US-India CEO Forum under the US President Donald Trump Administration will be held in New Delhi on February 14, 2019. The meeting will be co-chaired by US Commerce Secretary, Wilbur Ross and Union Minister of Commerce and Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu.
5. The Supreme Court on February 12, 2019 referred the petition seeking withdrawal of which status of the Aligarh Muslim University to a seven-judge bench?
ANS: Minority Status
The Supreme Court on February 12, 2019 referred the petition seeking withdrawal of minority status of the Aligarh Muslim University to a seven-judge bench. A three-judge bench headed by Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi referred the matter to the larger bench to determine the correctness of minority status of AMU and to define the parameters for granting minority status to the institution.
6. The Indian Parliament has passed the Personal Laws (Amendment) Bill 2019. The bill seeks to remove which disease as a ground for divorce?
The Parliament has passed the Personal Laws (Amendment Bill), 2018 that seeks to remove leprosy as a ground for divorce. Leprosy is being removed as a ground for divorce as it is now a curable disease as against the earlier notion of it being incurable.
7. India’s first Mega Aqua Food Park was commissioned recently in which state?
ANS: Andhra Pradesh
Union Minister of Food Processing Industries Harsimrat Kaur Badal on February 12, 2019 commissioned Godavari Mega Aqua Food Park at Tundurru Village in Bhimavaram Mandal, West Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh through video conferencing. The park will be the first Mega Aqua Food Park operationalised exclusively for fish and marine products processing in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
8. The legislators of which nation passed a landmark bill making it easier for asylum seekers to get medical treatment in the country?
Australian legislators have passed a landmark bill making it easier for asylum seekers, being held on remote Pacific islands, to get medical treatment in the country. This is the first time in decades the government has lost a vote on its own legislation in the lower house as the bill was passed with an opposition amendment.
9. Which nation’s government has fired its election commission?
The Afghanistan government has fired its election commission. The move comes more than three months after chaotic parliamentary elections, the results of which have still not been announced and ahead of July’s controversial presidential vote.
10. The European Union members of UN Security Council have asked for humanitarian access to which nation?
European Union members of the UN Security Council have asked for humanitarian access to eastern Ukraine’s areas held by separatists. The countries said in a statement, some 3.5 million people require humanitarian aid and protection due to widespread mine contamination, escalating psychological trauma and lack of access to basic services.
Current Affairs 14 February 2019:
1. Who has become the third Indian player to break into the top-100 of men’s singles tennis rankings in the past decade?
ANS: Prajnesh Gunneswaran
Prajnesh Gunneswaran has made it to the top-100 of Men’s Singles Tennis rankings with a jump of six places that took him to 97. With this, Gunneswaran has become the third Indian player to break into the top-100 barrier in the past decade after Somdev Devvarman and Yuki Bhambri. In the doubles, Rohan Bopanna stayed put at 37 and was followed by his partner Divij Sharan at 39. In the Women’s Tennis Association charts, Ankita Raina continues to be country’s top singles player at number 165.
2. Under the provisions of the Registration of Marriage of Non-Resident Indian Bill, 2019, a marriage between NRI and Indian citizen will have to be registered within how many days?
ANS: 30 days
The Union Cabinet has approved the introduction of Registration of Marriage of Non-Resident Indian Bill, 2019 to create more accountability and offer protection against the exploitation of Indian citizens, mostly Indian women by their NRI partners. Under the bill’s provisions, a marriage between an NRI and an Indian citizen will have to be registered in India or Indian missions and posts abroad within 30 days from the date of marriage.
3. India held its third environment forum on February 13, 2019 with which nation?
The third Indo-German Environment Forum with the theme “Cleaner Air, Greener Economy” was held in New Delhi on February 13, 2019. India and Germany have had a rich cooperation engagement for the last 60 years which extends to sectors such as natural resource management, urban environment protection and climate change adaptation.
4. The Union Cabinet has approved extension of tenure of the National Commission for Safai Karmacharis till which year?
The Union Cabinet has approved the proposal for Extension of tenure of the National Commission for Safai Karmacharis (NCSK) beyond March 31, 2019 for three years till 2022. The commission was established in 1993 as per the provisions of the NCSK Act 1993 initially for the period up to March 31, 1997.
5. The Union Cabinet has approved allotment of land for the establishment of New Viral Vaccine Manufacturing Unit in which state?
ANS: Tamil Nadu
The Union Cabinet has approved the proposal for allotment of land measuring 30 acres to Pasteur Institute of India (PII) for establishment of New Viral Vaccine Manufacturing Unit at Coonoor, Tamil Nadu. The project entails production of viral vaccines such as TCA anti-measles vaccine, JE Vaccin and Anti Sera such as anti-snake venom and anti rabies sera at the PII, Coonoor. Land for the project will be transferred free of cost.
6. Which state’s government has announced a universal old age pension scheme called Mukhyamantri Vridhajan Pension Yojna?
Bihar government has announced a universal old age pension scheme – Mukhyamantri Vridhajan Pension Yojna (MVPY) for all people above 60 years of age. The scheme will come into force from April 1, 2019. Except those senior citizens who have retired from government service, all will be eligible for 400 rupees monthly pension irrespective of caste, religion or community.
7. The US House of Representatives has approved a resolution aimed at withdrawing US military support for the Saudi Arabia-led coalition in the war in this nation.
The Democratic-led U.S. House of Representatives on February 13, 2019 approved a resolution that would end US support for the Saudi Arabia-led coalition in the war in Yemen, as many lawmakers sought to push President Donald Trump to toughen his policy toward the kingdom.
8. The Cabinet has approved revision in the list of Scheduled Tribes of which state?
The Union Cabinet has given its approval to the cabinet note on the proposal for official amendments in the Constitution (Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes) Order (Amendment) Bill, 2016 so as to modify the list of scheduled tribes of Chhattisgarh.
9. Which nation’s parliament is set to vote on extending president’s term?
Egypt’s Parliament has begun deliberations over constitutional amendments that could allow President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi to stay in office till 2034. The amendments will provide Sissi with 12 more years after his current, second term expires in 2022.
10. When was World Radio Day observed?
ANS: 13th February
The World Radio Day was observed globally on February 13, 2019 with the theme, ‘Dialogue, Tolerance and Peace’. Radio is the mass medium reaching the widest audience in the world. It is specifically suited to reach remote communities and vulnerable people such as the illiterate, the disabled, women, youth and the poor. It is also recognized as a powerful communication tool and a low cost medium.
Current Affairs 15 February 2019:
3. Prime Minister Narendra Modi on February 15, 2019 flagged off India’s first Semi High Speed Train. What is the name of train?
ANS: Vande Bharat Express
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on February 15, 2019 flagged off India’s first Semi High Speed Train, ‘Vande Bharat Express’ on New Delhi-Kanpur-Allahabad-Varanasi route from the New Delhi Railway Station. With maximum speed of 160 kmph, Vande Bharat Express or Train-18 offers travel classes like Shatabdi Train but with better facilities with a totally new travel experience to passengers.
8. Who has been sworn in as the new Attorney General of the United States?
ANS: William Barr
In United States, William Barr was sworn for second time as the nation’s Attorney General, taking the helm of the Justice Department as special counsel Robert Mueller investigates Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election. The Senate voted 54-45 to confirm his appointment. Barr succeeds Jeff Sessions.
4. Which city hosted the US-India CEO Forum on February 14, 2019?
ANS: New Delhi
India and the United States on February 14, 2019 held the India-US CEO Forum and India-US Commercial Dialogue in New Delhi. The Union Minister for Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu chaired the meeting.
1. The Expert Committee led by Anoop Satpathy on February 14, 2019 submitted its report. It recommended raising National Minimum Wage to how much amount per day?
ANS: Rs 375
The Expert Committee led by Anoop Satpathy, Fellow of V. V. Giri National Labour Institute (VVGNLI), on February 14, 2019 submitted its report on “Determining the Methodology for Fixation of the National Minimum Wage” to the Government. It recommended the fixation of need based National Minimum Wage for India at Rs 375 per day or Rs 9,750 per month.
2. The Pradhan Mantri Shram-Yogi Maandhan scheme was launched on February 15, 2019. Under the scheme, the workers will get what amount of pension after attaining the age of 60 years?
ANS: Rs 3000
The Union Ministry of Labour and Employment on February 15, 2019 launched the Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-dhan Yojana (PM-SYM). The scheme was announced in the Interim Budget 2019. The unorganised sector workers, with income of less than Rs 15,000 per month and who belong to the entry age group of 18-40 years, will be eligible for the scheme.
6. India has withdrawn the Most Favoured Nation status from which nation?
India on February 15, 2019 withdrew the ‘Most-Favoured Nation’ status accorded to Pakistan following the Pulwama terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir that led to the killing of 37 CRPF personnel and injuring of many others.
10. A new mobile app has been launched for the beneficiaries of which government scheme?
ANS: Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
New mobile application has been launched to bring beneficiaries directly in contact with the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban mission. It will allow the beneficiaries to capture and upload high resolution photographs and videos of completed houses along with their families.
5. When is the World Radio Day observed every year?
ANS: February 13
The World Radio Day is observed every year on February 13 to highlight the importance of the radio in its search for a more peaceful and tolerant world. The World Radio Day 2019 was celebrated with the theme ‘Dialogue, Tolerance and Peace’.
7. Which terror group has claimed responsibility for the Pulwama terror attack, one of the deadliest terror attacks on the Indian Armed Forces after Uri?
The Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammed terror group has claimed responsibility for the Pulwama terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir and the suicide bomber was identified as Adil Ahmed, who according to officials joined the terror group in 2018.
9. Which legendary cricketer has been named as the brand ambassador of Rajasthan Royals for the 2019 Indian Premier League?
ANS: Shane Warne
Australia spin legend Shane Warne has been named the brand ambassador of Rajasthan Royals for the upcoming Indian Premier League. Warne, who led Rajasthan Royals to its first and only IPL title in 2008, was the mentor of the side last season. This year, the Australian will be associated with the team in a new role.
Current Affairs 18 February 2019:
1. The President of which nation has declared a national emergency?
ANS: United States
US President Donald Trump on February 15, 2019 signed an executive order declaring national emergency in the nation. The move would unblock billions of dollars of federal money to construct a wall along the US-Mexico border. Trump explained the move by saying that it was essential to prevent the country from “invasion” of illegal immigrants, drug dealers and criminal cartels.
2. Which international cricketer has announced his retirement from One Day Internationals?
ANS: Chris Gayle
Veteran West Indies batsman Chris Gayle has announced that he will retire from One-day Internationals after this year’s World Cup in England and Wales. The announcement was made by West Indies Cricket on February 17, 2019.
3. Who won the women’s singles title at the Yonex-Sunrise 83rd Senior Nationals?
ANS: Saina Nehwal
Saina Nehwal won her fourth title at the Yonex-Sunrise 83rd Senior Nationals, defeating PV Sindhu convincingly 21-18, 21-15 in Guwahati on February 16, 2019. Sourabh Verma, on the other hand, completed a hat-trick of titles, claiming the men’s singles crown after defeating young Lakshya Sen in straight games of 21-18, 21-13.
4. India has raised customs duty to 200 per cent on all goods imported from which nation?
India has raised the basic customs duty to 200 per cent on all goods imported from Pakistan with immediate effect following withdrawal the Most Favoured Nation (MFN) status in the aftermath of the Pulwama terror attack.
5. India, in its recent liberalisation of e-visa regime, has extended visa-on-arrival facility to the nationals of which country?
ANS: South Korea
The Union Tourism Ministry recently made a series of amendments in India’s e-visa regime, liberalising it further and making it more tourist friendly. The e-tourist Visa, which was introduced in September 2014 with 46 countries has now been made applicable for 166 countries. Besides, visa-on-arrival facility has been extended to the nationals of the Republic of Korea.
6. Afghanistan has lodged a complaint with UNSC against which nation for its engagement with the Taliban?
Afghanistan has lodged a strong complaint with the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) against Pakistan for its engagement with the Taliban. In a letter written to the UNSC, Afghanistan’s Deputy Permanent Representative to the UN Nazifullah Salarzai said, Pakistan’s invitation to the Taliban amounted to a violation of Afghanistan’s national sovereignty.
7. Who has assumed charge as the new Election Commissioner of India on February 15, 2019?
ANS: Sushil Chandra
Sushil Chandra on February 15, 2019 assumed charge as the new Election Commissioner (EC) of India. He would be working along with Chief Election Commissioner Sunil Arora and Election Commissioner Ashok Lavasa in the Election Commission.
8. Which nation has signed agreements worth $20 billion with Pakistan?
ANS: Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia on February 17, 2019 signed eight agreements amounting up to $20 billion agreement to invest in cash-starved Pakistan. The agreements were signed in the presence of Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan and Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman, who is on a two-day visit to the country.
9. UAE would be funding the construction of a US military hospital in which city?
ANS: Abu Dhabi
A US military hospital funded by the United Arab Emirates will be built in Abu Dhabi to treat Emirati soldiers and regionally based American troops. The US would deploy medical military personnel in support of a facility very similar to the one in Germany, the biggest American hospital outside the US.
10. Which nation has launched a cruise missile capable submarine amidst heightening tension with the United States?
Iran has launched ‘cruise missile capable’ submarine amid heightening tension with the United States. The new submarine is Iran’s first in the semi-heavy category, filling a gap between the light Ghadir class and the heavy Kilo class submarines that the country possesses.
Current Affairs 19 February 2019:
1. Which state’s government has withdrawn security cover of separatist leaders?
ANS: Jammu and Kashmir
The Jammu and Kashmir administration has issued orders to withdraw security cover of six separatist leaders, including Mirwaiz Umar Farooq. Besides Mirwaiz, the security has been withdrawn for Abdul Gani Bhat, Bilal Lone, Hashim Qureshi, Fazal Haq Qureshi and Shabir Shah.
2. India has signed a MoU to set up a joint working group on counter terrorism with which nation?
India and Morocco on February 18, 2019 signed four MoUs following extensive talks between External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and her Moroccan counterpart Nasser Bourita in Rabat. The agreements include setting up of joint working group on counter terrorism, cooperation in housing and human settlement, reciprocal facilitation of procedures for issue of business visa and cooperation in youth matters.
3. Renowned climate scientist Wallace Smith Broecker passed away in New York on February 18, 2019. He had popularised which among the following terms?
ANS: Global Warming
Climate scientist Wallace Smith Broecker, who popularised the term global warming, has passed away in New York. The eighty-seven-year-old Columbia University professor breathed his last on February 18. Broecker brought global warming into common use with a 1975 paper that correctly predicted rising carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere would lead to pronounced warming.
4. India and Argentina signed how many Memorandums of Understanding during the state visit of Argentine President Mauricio Macri to India?
India and Argentina released a Joint Statement on February 18, 2019 after extensive talks between Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the President of the Argentine Republic, Mauricio Macri, who is on a state visit to India from February 17-19, 2019. Following the extensive talks, ten Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) were signed between the two nations.
5. The All Indian Cine Workers Association has announced a total ban on artists belonging to which nation?
The All Indian Cine Workers Association has announced a total ban on all the Pakistani artists working in the film industry. In a statement, the Association’s General Secretary Ronak Jain said that strong action will be taken against the organisation that continues to work with Pakistani artists. Condemning the ghastly terror attack in Pulwama, the Association has said that it stands united in confronting such terror and inhumanity.
6. Which among the following nations is not among those the External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will be visiting on her three nation tour from February 16-19, 2019?
The Indian External Affairs Minister, Sushma Swaraj is currently on a 4-day three nation tour to Bulgaria, Morocco and Spain from February 16-19, 2019, as a part of India’s efforts to strengthen ties with these countries and expand avenues of cooperation.
7. Which nation has set up a committee to discuss reforming constitution?
Myanmar on February 19, 2019 set up a committee to discuss reforming the country’s military-drafted constitution. This pits Aung San Suu Kyi’s civilian government openly against the powerful armed forces for the first time over the incendiary issue. Suu Kyi’s National League for Democracy (NLD) party won a landslide in 2015 elections but was forced into an uneasy power-sharing agreement with the armed forces.
8. The citizens in distress can dial which number to get immediate access to emergency services?
The Emergency Response Support System (ERSS) is a pan-India single number (112) based response system for persons in distress. The citizens can access emergency services by dialing 112 number. They can also press the power button on a smartphone thrice quickly to activate a panic call to ERC. In case of a feature phone, the citizen can long press on number 5 or 9 on the phone keypad to activate the panic call.
9. The National Cyber Forensic Lab has been inaugurated in which city?
ANS: New Delhi
Union Home Minister inaugurated Cyber Crime Unit of Delhi Police and National Cyber Forensic Lab on February 18, 2019 in New Delhi. The Home Minister also inaugurated a Delhi Police Residential Block comprising 56 flats. The Delhi Police built 312 dwelling units last year and another 969 units are under construction this year.
10. Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off the first-ever diesel to electric converted locomotive twin engine in which city?
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on February 19, 2019 flagged off the first ever diesel to electric converted locomotive twin engine of ten thousand Horse Power at DLW Varanasi. He also inspected an exhibition on locomotives at DLW campus. Such locomotives will be more economical and will increase the speed of goods trains.